Sunday, January 16, 2005

Yellow Is The New Black

I haven't worn yellow since about March of 1992. That's when our Dean of Students announced that seniors no longer had to wear the yellow uniform oxford or polo shirt. Yellow really only looks good on babies, as demostrated by me here in October of 1974. I don't think I wore yellow after that until I started at Visitation in 1988. Wearing yellow every day for nine months out of the year for almost four years didn't really endear the color to me. So imagine my surprise when I walked into Bannana Republic and fell in love with a yellow satin blouse. I resisted but a few weeks later I caught myself seriously considering a pair of yellow leather gloves. The sales lady told me that yellow was all the vogue and all the new Chanel was yellow this year. This managed to put me off a little longer and then Debbie showed up to dinner with the sweetest yellow sweater and I was consumed with jealousy. Is 12 years long enough to hate a color? Should I forgive that 1/6 of the color wheel?

No comments: