Saturday, January 29, 2005

Kick Ass Mix Tapes

Sometime yesterday I realized that I could recreate all my awesome mix tapes from the 90's using RealRhapsody. I asked Healy to send me the playlists for some tapes I made for her in high school and then I set about recreating MY FIRST MIX TAPE EVER. I actually did not make this mix tape; I got it from Cathy Westbrook who drove me to school when I was freshman and she was a junior. She had gotten it when she was a freshman from her "big sister". It is simply titled "Junior Retreat Mix". Hearing this tape for the first time was a major formative musical experience for me and influenced much of my musical tastes. RR has all but 5 songs (starred).

"Forever Young" - Alphaville *
"Hotel California" - The Eagles *
"American Pie" - Don McLean
"Peace Train" - Cat Stevens
"You’ve Got A Friend" - James Taylor
"Southern Cross" - Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young
"What A Wonderful World" - Louie Armstrong
"Desperado" - The Eagles *
"Only You" - The Yaz
"As Tears Go By" - The Rolling Stones
"Where Everybody Knows Your Name" - Gary Portnoy & Judy Hart *

Side B
"Only The Good Die Young" - Billy Joel *
"Lola" - The Kinks
"Superman" - R.E.M.
"The 59th Street Bridge Song (Feelin' Groovy)" - Simon & Garfunkel
"Come Dancin"' - The Kinks
"Margaritaville" - Jimmy Buffet
"Joker” - The Steve Miller Band
"I Melt With You" - Modern English
"Three Little Birds" - Bob Marley & The Wailers
"Rainy Day Women #12 & 35" - Bob Dylan
"And She Was" - Talking Heads
"Red, Red Wine" - UB40

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, do you want those 5 songs? I happen to have them all lying around?