Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Cease & Desist

Since January 14, I have been receiving unsolicited emails inviting me to a surprise birthday party/trip for a person I barely know and don't particularly like (blogged here and here). I have not responded to a single one of the emails nor did I even put a NO on the evite. Today I received the following email:

Dr. Dan and the Doomsday Debauchery

THIS IS COMING UP FAST!!! I need to t-shirt count, among other things - even if you are not attending, please let me know how many shirts you want and what size. The cost will not be too high (in the $7-$12 range, depending on how many total we get).

There are people who not only want to go but are willing to commemorate it with a fucking t-shirt? Am I the only person who feels harassed by these invitations? Can I get a restraining order? Should I get my mom to tell his mom that I hate him and all of his friends now?

I tried a passive aggressive tactic that did not work. The main perpetrator (we'll call her Crazy Email Bitch) works for a company that my company would love to do business with. I gave my sales director CEB's email and told him to do his worst. I had hoped that it would get traced back to me and, when asked why I would just give out someone's email address without asking, I was going to respond "Oh, I thought that's what we did since I get an email from one of your friends every fucking day." But no such luck and I'm still stuck on this roller coaster.

Any ideas that will not result in my mom saying to me in her "disappointed" tone, "Danny was really hurt when you called his friend a crazy bitch and told her to leave you alone."

No comments: